The parish hall's cornerstone was set in place Sept. 24, 1905, during a special service. The rector prayed: "Almighty and everlasting God, be mercifully pleased to bless this stone which we are about to place in the name and strength of Him who is the tried and precious cornerstone."
He struck the stone three times at the name of the Blessed Trinity. The congregation sang "The Church's One Foundation," and following further prayers, the ceremony ended with the hymn "Work for the Night is Coming."
A handmade copper box was inserted into a void in the cornerstone and cemented in place with asphalt. The box was then covered with a metal plate and several inches of Portland cement, sealing it for the next century and completing parish hall construction.
Items from the cornerstone will be on display at the celebration.
Read full article in The Derrick